From blues to rock ‘n roll, boutique hotels to world-class resorts, barbecue joints to five-star restaurants, people are talking about Austin. As the Live Music Capital of the World®, the city has a soundtrack of its own—which can be heard in 250+ live music venues any night of the week. With more than 300 days of sunshine, Austin offers a variety of outdoor activities from cycling to stand-up paddle boarding and hiking trails.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 15%
- How much is the F&B tax? 8.25%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 20%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 7.5 miles
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Yes, the “Airport Flyer”- Capital Metro Bus
- How much does the public transportation cost? $1.75
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? $13 on Super Shuttle
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $25 – $30
- How many daily flights into the airport? 260
- How many daily flights out of airport? 250
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier?
No – we are serviced by more than 14 carriers. Southwest has the highest percentage of flights currently servicing Austin.
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
AeroMexico, Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, British Airways, Condor, Delta, Frontier, jetBlue, Norwegian, Southwest, United Airlines, Virgin America, Volaris, Allegiant, Sun Country and Via Air
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night?
Current hotel growth projections, total rooms (committable is based on variety of factors):
- 2018 10,789 downtown
- 2019 11,389 downtown
- 2020 12,004 downtown
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center?
Approximately 7,000 total rooms downtown within a 5 block walking radius of the convention center (number committable is based on a variety of factors).
- How many headquarter hotel properties?
Largest hotels for HQ potential include:
- Fairmont Austin, connected to the convention center (1,048 total rooms)
- Hilton Austin, connected to the convention center (801 total rooms)
- JW Marriott, 2 blocks from the convention center (1,012 total rooms)
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property
This is pending availability, anticipate a range of 600-800 peak.
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 247,052 GSF (COLUMN FREE)
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 247,052 GSF
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 130,000 GSF
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 54 Meeting Rooms
- How big is the largest meeting room? 6,625 GSF (standalone non-ballroom meeting room)
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 2 Ballrooms
- How big is the largest ballroom? 43,300 GSF
- When was the last renovation or expansion?
Major expansion opened 2002. Environmental upgrades to achieve LEED Gold certification completed 2011.
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled?
Convention Center expansion campaign in progress but no approvals/timeline yet. Anticipate further information by fall / winter 2018.
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center?
Limit your WIFI budget in Austin as the Austin Convention Center offers limited, complimentary wireless internet access (3Mbps up/down) throughout the entire facility. We are proud to be a gigabit-rated building and that ranks among the most technologically y advanced convention centers in the country.
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider?
All utilities services are exclusive to the Austin Convention Center Department.
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider?
No. Currently, Freeman Audiovisual is the Austin Convention Center’s preferred audiovisual company. You are welcome to bring your own audiovisual company; however, some discounts may not apply.
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No.
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer?
Yes. Austin Convention Center Catering Services may be reached directly at (512) 404-4140. More information can be reviewed in real time — click here.
- Is the convention center a union property?
No. Texas is a right-to work state and we welcome your choice of contractors and vendors. Please note that the services exclusive to the building are utilities, security, alcohol, catering, concessions and paramedic(s).
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? 4
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? 8
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? About 120
- Can you list local attractions and there whereabouts?
Known for Music. And so much more….please check out this link for all the things to explore around Austin. www.austintexas.org/things-to-do/