World-class. It’s an adjective used to describe everything from fine wine to great architecture. And it’s the high standard Cincinnati USA uses to evaluate how to put its best foot forward. Cincinnati USA is the home of worldwide business and industry leaders, sought-after international events, renowned arts and culture, and a global world view and influence that impacts every neighborhood and every business. Cincinnati USA has evolved into a world-class destination, with the infrastructure, events, venues and experienced professionals to match.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 17.5%
- How much is the F&B tax? 7%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 18 – 20%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 13 miles / 20 minutes
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available? TANK Bus
- How much does the public transportation cost? $2 – one way
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
- Executive Airport Transportation -> $22 one-way/$32 roundtrip
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown?
- $30 – 1-4 people
- How many daily flights out of airport?
170 average daily departures
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier?
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Air Canada, Allegiant, American, Delta, Frontier, OneJet, Southwest, United
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night?
2,790 committable rooms
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center?
2,790 rooms walking distance to convention center
- How many headquarter hotel properties?
4 — Hilton, Hyatt, Westin & Millennium
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 200,000 sq. ft.
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 200,000 sq. ft.
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 750,000 sq. ft.
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 30
- How big is the largest meeting room? 3,744 sq. ft. / 18,372 sq. ft. combined rooms
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 2 ballrooms can be divided into 6 sections
- How big is the largest ballroom? 40,000 sq. ft.
- When was the last renovation or expansion? 2006 – renovation & expansion
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? Ongoing capital improvements of $ ½ million per year
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Complimentary Wi-Fi access in the public areas
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? No – recommendations are available
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No – Prestige is the preferred AV provider
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No – recommendations are available
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes – Spectra
- Is the convention center a union property? No – DECC is an open shop venue
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center:
Choice labor for unloading, installing, dismantling & removal is at the discretion of the vendor/exhibitor.
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? 5-10
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? Over 10
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center?
80+ restaurants in our compact downtown, from famous Cincinnati Chili parlors to AAA 4&5 diamond restaurants
- Can you list local attractions and there whereabouts?
- Walking Distance from Convention Center:
The Banks (Restaurant & Entertainment District), Reds’ Great American Ball Park, Bengals’ Paul Brown Stadium, National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, Aronoff Center, Music Hall, Washington Park
- 5-10 minute drive from Convention Center:
Cincinnati Art Museum, Cincinnati Museum at Union Terminal, Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden, Rhinegeist Brewery, Newport Aquarium, American Sign Museum, BB Riverboats, Horseshoe Casino
- More than 10 minute drive from Convention Center:
Kings Island, Coney Island, Creation Museum, various wineries