In Cleveland, uniqueness isn’t an asset – it’s a way of life. From a sleek, new downtown convention center to 18 downtown hotels within a 10-minute walk of the convention campus, Cleveland has the meetings and convention infrastructure covered. But we know that attendees want more than just a great meeting space. They want nightlife, social-media worthy culinary offerings and a thriving arts & culture scene. Cleveland has all that and more.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 16.5%
- How much is the F&B tax? 8%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 21%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown?
12-mile ride to and from downtown
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
- RTA Rapid
- Local downtown Trolley (free)
- BRT – Health Line
- How much does the public transportation cost?
Trolleys are free and the RTA Rapid lines only cost $2.75
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
The RTA Red Line train departs the airport terminal every 15 minutes and arrives downtown at the Tower City Center, for just $2.75 each way.
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown?
Rideshare options such as Lyft and Uber, taxicab and limo services or car rentals vary from $35-$40, plus tip.
- How many daily flights out of airport?
157 daily nonstop departures to 49 nonstop markets
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier?
WOW Air will be starting routes to Reykjavik, Iceland in May 2018
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
50 nonstop markets from 10 different airlines including Air Canada, Allegiant, American, Delta, Frontier, Iceland Air, JetBlue, Southwest, Spirit and United.
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 2,200
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center?
1,650 rooms on peak – approximately 7 hotels
- How many headquarter hotel properties?
2 – The Westin and The Hilton
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property?
Hilton – 350-450 peak rooms
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 225,000sq. ft.
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 225,000 sq. ft.
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center?
390,000 sq. ft. (roughly)
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 34
- How big is the largest meeting room? 6,600 sq. ft.
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have?
2 (divisible into 5)
- How big is the largest ballroom? 32,200 sq. ft.
- When was the last renovation or expansion? 2013
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled?
- Renovations Completed in 2019:
- Huntington Park Garage Connector
- Starbucks Coffee
- The UPS Store
- Expanded Au Bon Pain
- 20,000 sq. ft. + Additional meeting space in the Global Center
- Renovations Completed in 2019:
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center?
Pre-function area ONLY
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes, Edlen Electric
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? Preferred- PSAV
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes, Levy Restaurants
- Is the convention center a union property? Yes
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? Yes
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? 2
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? 6
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center?
- 45 restaurants within a 10-minute walking radius of the Convention Center, including breakfast, lunch and E. 4th Street dining
- Can you list local attractions and there whereabouts?