Vibrant and alive, Ohio’s capital is known for its open attitude, smart style and entrepreneurial spirit. Columbus’ blend of distinctive neighborhoods, dynamic nightlife and music, creative arts scene, original culinary experiences and wide array of festivals and attractions is made unforgettable by its outgoing locals who warmly welcome visitors.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 10%
- How much is the F&B tax? 7.5%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 21% service charge
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 8
Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
- Traditional cab service provided by Yellow Cab of Columbus or Orange Cab of Columbus.
- Ride-hailing services Uber and Lyft.
- Car-sharing by Car2Go.
- Bike sharing by CoGo.
- Pedicab provided by E.C.T. Peticab.
- Free, on-demand shuttle service by Hopper Carts.
- Bus service is provided by the Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA). Select the “by bus” option on Google Maps to plan your trip and determine bus numbers and departure times.
- CBUS: COTA’s free downtown circulator runs every 10-15 minutes from the Short North Arts District in the north to the Brewery District/ German Village in the south with many stops at popular downtown locations along the way.
- Airconnect: Runs between John Glenn International, the Greater Columbus Convention Center and downtown hotels. The connector stops at baggage claim every 30 minutes, seven days a week from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Cost is $2.75 each way and tickets can be purchased at a kiosk with credit cards (only) or on-board with cash (only).
- More than 30 charter bus, limousine and shuttle companies can accommodate pre-arranged transportation needs for an individual or groups from the airport to any point in the city
- How much does the public transportation cost?
Ranges from free to market rates. Most are highly affordable.
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? $2.75
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $23-$28
- How many daily flights out of airport? More than 150
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? No
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Southwest, Spirit and United
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 3,400
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 2,000
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 2
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? Hyatt Regency- 550
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 373,000 sq. ft.
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 373,000 sq. ft.
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 181,000 sq. ft.
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 75
- How big is the largest meeting room? 6,840 sq. ft.
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 3
- How big is the largest ballroom? 74,000 sq. ft.
- When was the last renovation or expansion? July 2017
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? None currently are scheduled.
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Yes, in the public spaces and meeting rooms only
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes, this is operated by the building
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? Mills James is the in-house AV provider but it is not exclusive
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? Fern is the in-house decorator but it is not exclusive
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes, Levy Restaurants
- Is the convention center a union property? No
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? N/A
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center: N/A
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
7: Nationwide Arena, Huntington Park, Express Live!, The North Market, Columbus Athenaeum, Goodale Park, McFerson Commons
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
10: Columbus Museum of Art, COSI, Columbus Commons, Bicentennial Park, Strongwater Event Space, The Newport Music Hall, Ohio Union, The Ohio Stadium, The Bluestone, Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? Approximately 200
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and there whereabouts?
- Short North Arts District – across one street from the Greater Columbus Convention Center
- The North Market – One block from the Greater Columbus Convention Center at 59 Spruce St, Columbus, OH 43215
- Nationwide Arena – two blocks from the Greater Columbus Convention Center at 200 W Nationwide Blvd, Columbus, OH 43215
- COSI – less than one mile from the Greater Columbus Convention Center at 333 W Broad St, Columbus, OH 43215
- The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium and Zoombezi Bay – 25 minutes from the Greater Columbus Convention Center at 4850 W Powell Rd, Powell, OH 43065