When a renowned architecture scholar falls suddenly ill during a speaking tour, his son Jin finds himself stranded in Columbus, Ind., a small Midwestern city celebrated for its many significant modernist buildings. Jin strikes up a friendship with Casey, a young architecture enthusiast who works at the local library. As their intimacy develops, Jin and Casey explore both the town and their own conflicted emotions.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 10%
- How much is the F&B tax? 7.5%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 21% service charge
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 8
Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
- Traditional cab service provided by Yellow Cab of Columbus or Orange Cab of Columbus.
- Ride-hailing services Uber and Lyft.
- Car-sharing by Car2Go.
- Bike sharing by CoGo.
- Pedicab provided by E.C.T. Peticab.
- Free, on-demand shuttle service by Hopper Carts.
- Bus service is provided by the Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA). Select the “by bus” option on Google Maps to plan your trip and determine bus numbers and departure times.
- CBUS: COTA’s free downtown circulator runs every 10-15 minutes from the Short North Arts District in the north to the Brewery District/ German Village in the south with many stops at popular downtown locations along the way.
- Airconnect: Runs between John Glenn International, the Greater Columbus Convention Center and downtown hotels. The connector stops at baggage claim every 30 minutes, seven days a week from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Cost is $2.75 each way and tickets can be purchased at a kiosk with credit cards (only) or on-board with cash (only).
- More than 30 charter bus, limousine and shuttle companies can accommodate pre-arranged transportation needs for an individual or groups from the airport to any point in the city
- How much does the public transportation cost?
Ranges from free to market rates. Most are highly affordable.
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? $2.75
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $23-$28
- How many daily flights out of airport? More than 150
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? No
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Southwest, Spirit and United
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 3,400
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 2,000
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 2
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? Hyatt Regency- 550
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 373,000 sq. ft.
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 373,000 sq. ft.
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 181,000 sq. ft.
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 75
- How big is the largest meeting room? 6,840 sq. ft.
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 3
- How big is the largest ballroom? 74,000 sq. ft.
- When was the last renovation or expansion? July 2017
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? None currently are scheduled.
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Yes, in the public spaces and meeting rooms only
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes, this is operated by the building
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? Mills James is the in-house AV provider but it is not exclusive
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? Fern is the in-house decorator but it is not exclusive
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes, Levy Restaurants
- Is the convention center a union property? No
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? N/A
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center: N/A
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
7: Nationwide Arena, Huntington Park, Express Live!, The North Market, Columbus Athenaeum, Goodale Park, McFerson Commons
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
10: Columbus Museum of Art, COSI, Columbus Commons, Bicentennial Park, Strongwater Event Space, The Newport Music Hall, Ohio Union, The Ohio Stadium, The Bluestone, Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? Approximately 200
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and there whereabouts?
- Short North Arts District – across one street from the Greater Columbus Convention Center
- The North Market – One block from the Greater Columbus Convention Center at 59 Spruce St, Columbus, OH 43215
- Nationwide Arena – two blocks from the Greater Columbus Convention Center at 200 W Nationwide Blvd, Columbus, OH 43215
- COSI – less than one mile from the Greater Columbus Convention Center at 333 W Broad St, Columbus, OH 43215
- The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium and Zoombezi Bay – 25 minutes from the Greater Columbus Convention Center at 4850 W Powell Rd, Powell, OH 43065