When a renowned architecture scholar falls suddenly ill during a speaking tour, his son Jin finds himself stranded in Columbus, Ind., a small Midwestern city celebrated for its many significant modernist buildings. Jin strikes up a friendship with Casey, a young architecture enthusiast who works at the local library. As their intimacy develops, Jin and Casey explore both the town and their own conflicted emotions.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 16.75%
- How much is the F&B tax? 6.75%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 22%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 8 Miles
Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Yes, a bus / taxi / shuttle
- How much does the public transportation cost? COTA Bus: $1.75
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? $17.00
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $25.00
- How many daily flights out of airport? 140 – 150
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? No
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Air Canada, AirTran, American, Continental, Delta, Frontier, Southwest, United & US Airways
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 2,900
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 550
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 2
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 550
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 410,000 sq. ft.
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 336,000 sq. ft.
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 107,000 sq. ft.
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 65
- How big is the largest meeting room? 74,000 sq. ft.
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 3
- How big is the largest ballroom? 74,000 sq. ft.
- When was the last renovation or expansion? 2010
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? N/A
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Yes, 2 hot spots in the food court only
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Aramark
- Is the convention center a union property? No
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? N/A
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center: N/A
Off Site Venues
How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
3 — Nationwide, LC Pavilion, Columbus Commons
How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
3 — Aladdin Shrine, Cosi, Ohio Union
How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 200+
Can you list 3-5 local attractions and there whereabouts?
- Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
1777 E. Broad St.
Columbus, OH 43203
Description: Botanical garden, Chihuly artwork, cafe, gift shop
- Columbus Museum of Art
480 E. Broad St.
Columbus, OH 43215
Description: Great experiences with great art for everyone!
333 W. Broad St.
Columbus, OH 43215
Description: COSI is Columbus’ dynamic hands-on science center.
- Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
4850 W. Powell Rd.
P.O. Box 400
Powell, OH 43065
Description: The Columbus Zoo is a world of adventure.