Long Beach is a coastal city and port in Southern California. Moored in its Queensway Bay, RMS Queen Mary is a retired ocean liner and museum ship. The waterfront Aquarium of the Pacific features touch tanks and a shark lagoon. Modern and contemporary works are on display at the Museum of Latin American Art. Rancho Los Cerritos is a 19th-century adobe home and museum set in expansive gardens.
About Long Beach
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 15.065%
- How much is the F&B tax? 10.25%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 22%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown?
Long Beach Airport – 6 miles
LAX – 18 miles
Orange County – 25 miles
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available? Yes
- How much does the public transportation cost? $9
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? $18 – $32
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $65
- How many daily flights out of airport?
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier?
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Between 3 airports all carriers are available
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 1650
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 1500
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 3
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 450
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 224,000
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 224,000
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 400,000+
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 35
- How big is the largest meeting room? 4,400 sq ft
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 3
- How big is the largest ballroom? 45,000 sq ft
- When was the last renovation or expansion? 2017
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? TBD
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Free in public areas
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Premier
- Is the convention center a union property? No
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? N/A
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center: N/A
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? 4
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? 5
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 156
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and there whereabouts?
- The Queen Mary (downtown)
- Aquarium of the Pacific (downtown)
- Shoreline Village (downtown)
- Catalina Island (water taxi from downtown, 45 minutes)