Nashville is the capital of the U.S. state of Tennessee and home to Vanderbilt University. Legendary country music venues include the Grand Ole Opry House, home of the famous “Grand Ole Opry” stage and radio show. The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and historic Ryman Auditorium are Downtown, as is the District, featuring honky-tonks with live music and the Johnny Cash Museum, celebrating the singer’s life.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax?
Total Tax = 15.25% plus $2.50 occupancy tax per occupied room
- How much is the F&B tax? 9.50%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 25%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 9
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available? Yes, Bus
- How much does the public transportation cost? Under $2.00
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
Nashville Express Airport Shuttle – $29.00 one way; $58.00 round trip
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $25.00
- How many daily flights out of airport?
About 450 average daily flights
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? No
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Southwest, United, Delta, American, Alaska Air, Air Canada
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 3,200
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center?
2750 within 4 blocks of Convention Center
- How many headquarter hotel properties?
5 – Omni (800 rooms), Renaissance (659 rooms), Westin (454), and JW Marriott (535 rooms, opening Summer 2018), and Gaylord Opryland Resort (2888 rooms)
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property?
700 Downtown; 2300 Gaylord Opryland
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 353,000 sq. ft.
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? All
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 90,000 sq. ft.
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 60
- How big is the largest meeting room? 8,300 sq. ft.
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 2
- How big is the largest ballroom?
57,500 sq. ft. – Grand Ballroom and 18,000 sq. ft. Junior Ballroom
- When was the last renovation or expansion?
2018 – completed a retail space for Fresh Pick Market & Café.
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled?
Ongoing – New registration area and concourse space fronting the building’s main exhibit hall; and a new concourse and reception area for the facility’s Davidson Ballroom.
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes
- Is the convention center a union property? No
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? N/A
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center: N/A
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
Ascend Amphitheater (outside), Bridgestone Arena, Riverfront Park (outside), Public Square Park (outside), Schermerhorn Symphony Center, TN Performing Arts Center
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
Belmont University Curb Event Center, Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park (outside), Grand Ole Opry House, Gaylord Opryland Events Center, Lipscomb University Allen Arena, Centennial Park (outside), Musicians Hall of Fame & Museum, Nashville Municipal Auditorium, Vanderbilt University (Memorial Gymnasium)
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 100 +
- Can you list local attractions and their whereabouts?
- Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum (downtown)
- Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum – adjacent to MCC Downtown
- Ryman Auditorium – downtown
- Grand Ole Opry – Opryland area (15 minutes from Downtown)
- The Hermitage: Home of President Andrew Jackson (Airport Area – 15-20 min east of downtown)
- Belle Meade Plantation (West Nashville – about 10 min from downtown)