Boasting 300-plus days of sunshine annually, Greater Palm Springs is a must on any Southern California travel itinerary. More than 180 resorts and hotels in nine distinct cities offer diverse accommodations and amenities catering to every type of getaway. Visitors experience world-class golf and tennis and explore the area’s pristine natural beauty along miles of trails for hiking, biking and horseback riding. The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway transports riders to a mountain playground, and Jeep and Hummer tours take adventurers into lush preserves and Joshua Tree National Park. Unique attractions include tours of celebrity homes and midcentury modern architecture, as well as art, history and Native American museums. Shopping, dining and nightlife and world-renown annual festivals make entertainment nonstop.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 13.5%
- How much is the F&B tax? 7.75%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 20%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 1 mile
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available? N/A
- How much does the public transportation cost? N/A
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? N/A
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? Most downtown hotels have complimentary shuttles
- How many daily flights out of airport? 55
- How many daily flights out of airport? 51
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? N/A
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Air Canada, Alaska, Allegiant, American, Boutique Air, , Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airlines, Sun Country, United, West Jet
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 1250
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 1,000
- How many headquarter hotel properties? One – The Renaissance Palm Springs
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? The Renaissance Palm Springs 388 Peak.
Greater Palm Springs is made up on 9 cities. Along with downtown Palm Springs each city has large hotels that can accommodate groups. The largest of our hotels in the JW Marriott in Palm Desert and can accommodate 800 rooms peak with over 100,000 sq ft of meeting space.
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 112,000 sq ft
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 112,000 sq ft
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 261,000 sq ft
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 39 rooms
- How big is the largest meeting room? Oasis Ballroom 92,545 sq ft
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 2 in Convention Center, 1 in attached Renaissance Hotel
- How big is the largest ballroom? Oasis Ballroom 92,545 sq ft
- When was the last renovation or expansion? 2016. Attached hotel space 2019
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled?
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider?
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? Yes, PSAV
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes, Savoury’s Caterin
- Is the convention center a union property? Non Union
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? N/A
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center: N/A
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? Jackie Lee Houston Plaza
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
- Palm Springs Air Museum
- Matate Ranch
- The Living Desert
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 40+
- Can you list local attractions and their whereabouts?
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway – Palm Springs
- Living Desert – Palm Desert
- Metate Ranch & Desert Jeep Tours
- Joshua Tree National Park