Portland, Oregon’s largest city, sits on the Columbia and Willamette rivers, in the shadow of snow-capped Mount Hood. It’s known for its parks, bridges and bicycle paths, as well as for its eco-friendliness and its microbreweries and coffeehouses. Iconic Washington Park encompasses sites from the formal Japanese Garden to Oregon Zoo and its railway. The city hosts thriving art, theater and music scenes.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 14.5%
- How much is the F&B tax? 0%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 22%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 9
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available? MAX Light Rail
- How much does the public transportation cost? $2.50 one-way
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
$14 per person, one-way or $24 round-trip
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? Approximately $45
- How many daily flights out of airport? 209
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? No
- What are the major carriers serving airport? Alaska, Southwest, United, American
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 4000
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 1000 – 1200
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 3
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 600
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 255,000
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 255,000
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 52,000
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 52
- How big is the largest meeting room? 5,620
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 2
- How big is the largest ballroom? 34,200
- When was the last renovation or expansion? 2003
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? 2015
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center?
Yes in designated Lobby spaces
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes – OCC Staff
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Pacificwild Catering
- Is the convention center a union property? Yes — We have 6 unions in the facility
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? Yes
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center:
B20 – Badge checkers
All other union employees are part of the OCC staff or Pacificwild Catering staff
- Off Site Venues
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
2 – The OCC Plaza – across the street and Holladay Park – 4 blocks or a short Max Train ride
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
Rose Garden Arena, Memorial Coliseum
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 10
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and there whereabouts?
- OMSI — (Oregon Museum of Science & Industry), .5 mile south of the Oregon Convention Center
- Oregon Zoo, 15 minute ride on MAX Light Rail ($2.50 one-way fare) or 3 miles west of the Oregon Convention Center
- Lan Su Chinese Gardens, .5 mile west of the Oregon Convention Center or 7 minute ride on MAX Light Rail ($2.50 one-way fare)
- Portland Art Museum, 1 mile west of the Oregon Convention Center or 10 minute ride on MAX Light Rail ($2.50 one-way fare).