Puerto Rico is a Caribbean island and unincorporated U.S. territory with a landscape of mountains, waterfalls and the El Yunque tropical rainforest. In San Juan, the capital and largest city, the Isla Verde area is known for its hotel strip, beach bars and casinos. Its Old San Juan neighborhood features colorful Spanish colonial buildings and El Morro and La Fortaleza, massive, centuries-old fortresses.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax?
- Paradores (Small Inns/ Bed & Breakfast) – 7%
- Hotels without Casinos – 9%
- Hotels with Casinos- 11%
- How much is the F&B tax? 7%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 19 – 20%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 8
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Public buses (AMA, Metrobus), taxis, Taxi Turístico (tourist taxi), rapid transit system (Tren Urbano), trolleys and ferries
- How much does the public transportation cost?
- TAXI – There is a flat-rate system for most destinations within San Juan. The island’s Puerto Rico Tourism Company establishes flat rates between well-traveled areas within San Juan. From Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport to Isla Verde, $10; to Condado, $15; to Old San Juan, $19.
- BUS – The Metropolitan Bus Authority operates buses in the greater San Juan area. Bus stops are marked by upright metal signs or yellow posts that say PARADA. The bus terminal is the dock area in the same building as the Covadonga parking lot next to the Treasury Department. Fares are 75 cents.
- TROLLEY – Free of charge (available in the Old San Juan area)
- LIMOUSINE – San Juan has nearly two dozen limousine rental companies. A simple pickup from the airport to your hotel ranges in cost from $100 to $125. Rentals from other standard trips range from about $70 to $125 per hour.
- FERRY – The AcuaExpreso connects Old San Juan with the industrial and residential community of Cataño, across the bay. Ferries deport daily every 30 minutes from 6am to 9pm. The one way fare to Cataño is $1.
- BIKE – Bike rentals are $27 per day and $17 for a half day. TREN URBANO – The first mass-transit project in the history of Puerto Rico opened in 2005, linking San Juan to suburbs such as Santurce, Bayamón, and Guaynabo. During the rush hour (5-9am and 3-6pm), the train operates every 8 minutes; otherwise, it runs every 12 minutes. The fare is 75 cents one-way and includes a transfer to buses.
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
- Shared Shuttle – $15 to $20
- Private Luxury Van – $65 to $95
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $19
- How many daily flights out of airport? 1,646
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier?
American Airlines, Delta, Jet Blue, Spirit, US Airlines, United, Northwest, Iberia, Copa Airlines, Air Tran, Canada, Cape Air, British Airways, Liat, and others
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
American Airlines, Delta, Jet Blue, Spirit, US Airlines, United
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 3,500
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 550
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 2 – Sheraton Puerto Rico Convention Center Hotel & Caribe Hilton
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? Up to 500
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 152,700
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous?
152,700, and can be divided into three Exhibit Halls
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 37,587
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 29
- How big is the largest meeting room? 4,900 sq. ft.
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? (1) which can divide into 2 sections
- How big is the largest ballroom? 39,500
- When was the last renovation or expansion?
A new modern and technologically-advanced building was inaugurated in 2005
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled?
New Lounge/Café opened March 1st, 2018 on Level 1
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center?
Yes on Level 1 & 2 Lobby near Cafe
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? No, but they have to be certified
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? NO PSAV is the Preferred
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer?
Yes; Levy Restaurant Managed by AEG
- Is the convention center a union property? No
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? N/A
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center:
There is no union at the PRCC
- Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? One
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? Five
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? Five
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and there whereabouts?
- El Morro at Old San Juan
- El Yunque Rainforest at Río Grande
- Old San Juan, Camuy Caves at Camuy
- Ponce Art Museum at Ponce,
- Arecibo Observatory at Arecibo