San Antonio is a major city in south-central Texas with a rich colonial heritage. The Alamo, an 18th-century Spanish mission preserved as a museum, marks an infamous 1836 battle for Texan independence from Mexico. Following the San Antonio River, the miles-long River Walk is a landmark pedestrian promenade lined with cafes and shops. HemisFair Park’s 750-ft. Tower of the Americas overlooks the city.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 16.75%
- How much is the F&B tax? 8.125%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 20%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 8
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available? No
- How much does the public transportation cost? N/A
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? $18 one-way / $34 round-trip
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $25 – $29
- How many daily flights out of airport? 100
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? No
- What are the major carriers serving airport? Southwest, United, American
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 10,500
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 7,000
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 2
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 950
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 514,000 gsf
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? All
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 630,000 sf
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 67
- How big is the largest meeting room? 12,000 sf
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 2
- How big is the largest ballroom? 59,000 sf
- When was the last renovation or expansion? Completed March 2016
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? None at this time
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? No, there is currently a list of 6 electrical providers to choose from.
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No, but PSAV is the preferred in-house A/V company.
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? The RK Group
- Is the convention center a union property? N/A
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? N/A
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? 3
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? 8
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 50
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and there whereabouts?
- Riverwalk – This urban sanctuary winds along the San Antonio river in downtown San Antonio, one story below the bustling street level.The lush landscapes, quaint pathways, tinkling waterfalls and quiet pools have grown, over the decades, into one of the world’s most distinctive meeting places.
- The Alamo – In the heart of downtown, Mission San Antonio de Valero (the Alamo) was established in 1718 as the city’s first mission. On the east side of Alamo Plaza is the famous spot in Texas where 189 defenders fell on March 6, 1836, after repeated attacks by Mexican General Santa Anna’s army which sealed it in lexicon of U.S. history.
- Sea World – A trip to visit Shamu at SeaWorld is a must-do while in the Alamo City. See the awe-inspiring new Shamu show, ride the pulse-pounding Great White and take a 10-story plunge on Journey to Atlantis. 16 miles northwest of downtown San Antonio