Sonoma County is in Northern California. It’s known for the Sonoma Valley wine region, as well as other notable winemaking areas such as the Dry Creek and Alexander valleys. The city of Sonoma is home to the 19th-century Mission San Francisco Solano and the central, colonial-era Sonoma Plaza. Near Glen Ellen, Jack London State Historic Park contains the gravesite and cottage of the American author, plus many trails.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 9%
- How much is the F&B tax? 7.25%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 20%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown?
San Francisco International Airport and Oakland International Airport are both an hour and fifteen minute drive to Sonoma County. Sonoma County is also home to Charles M. Shultz/Sonoma County Airport and is located in Santa Rosa California, just minutes from our hotels and attractions. Direct flights from our local airport can be booked through Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle and San Diego.
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Yes, Airport Express Bus from both San Francisco and Oakland.
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
$34.00 one way or $66.00 round trip
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown?
Sonoma County offers a number of transportation options through private transportation companies. Please contact our bureau for recommendations.
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center?
Sonoma County offers a variety of hotel options for your guests. Choose a luxurious, full service hotel, your favorite hotel chain, or a charming seaside lodge. We will be happy to assist in your search based on your needs.
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 225
Sonoma County’s largest hotels offer up to 30,000 square feet in meeting space. Our destination also provides a number of unique meeting destinations that may include a winery, wildlife preserve or cooking school.
Things To Do
- Wineries – Sonoma County is home to over 300 award winning wineries.
- Spas – Enjoy over 40 spas and wellness centers.
- Culinary Schools – Sample the bounties of Sonoma County while attending a variety of culinary schools.
- Coastal Sonoma County – Offers an incredible variety of landscapes. Seventy sox miles of Pacific ocean Castline give way to majestic redwood forests and, the mystical Russian River.