Ft. Myers, Florida
Getting to the airport, through security, and to your gate can either be an easy journey or a pretty daunting task. If you travel enough, you’re already programmed to expect long wait times and crowded gates.
The experts at Travel Lens, an online travel publication, looked at the 50 busiest airports in the U.S. and ranked them based on several factors, including:
- Wait times
- Passenger satisfaction levels
- Google review ratings
Travel Lens used data from FAA, J.D. Power, AWT, Google Maps, and Airport Tracker to rank the airports.
Southwest Florida International takes the top spot with an airport rating of 8.06/10. The airport is located in the South Fort Myers area and has a Google review rating of 4.5/5. According to Travel Lens, the airport isn’t the biggest in the state, but it is currently the second-busiest single-runway airport in America.
The top 10 best airports in the U.S.
- Southwest Florida International (RSW)
- John Wayne (SNA)
- Portland International (PDX)
- Tampa International (TPA)
- Dallas Love Field (DAL)
- Sacramento International (SMF)
- Indianapolis International (IND)
- Harry Reid International (LAS)
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall (BWI)
- Washington Dulles International (IAD)