Phoenix is the capital of the southwestern U.S. state of Arizona. Known for its year-round sun and warm temperatures, it anchors a sprawling, multicity metropolitan area known as the Valley of the Sun. It’s known for high-end spa resorts, Jack Nicklaus–designed golf courses and vibrant nightclubs. Other highlights include the Desert Botanical Garden, displaying cacti and numerous native plants.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 12.57%
- How much is the F&B tax? 8.6%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 20%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 4 miles
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Yes, there is a sky train from terminal 3 & 4 at Sky Harbor that connects to the METRO light trail. The light rail goes to Phoenix, Tempe and Mesa.
- How much does the public transportation cost? $2 for light rail from airport, $4 for all day pass
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? $12
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $17
- How many daily flights out of airport? More than 1,200 aircraft arrive and depart daily, more than 500 of which are non-stop
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? American Airlines, Southwest Airlines
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Boutique Air, British Airways, Condor Airlines (May 2018), Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, Great Lakes Airlines, Hawaiian Airways, JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Sun Country Airlines, United Airlines, Volaris, WestJet
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night?
3,300 depending on season
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center?
2,700 depending on season
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 3 (Sheraton, Hyatt, and Renaissance)
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 950 at Sheraton
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center?
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 310,000 and 190,000
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 300,000
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 123
- How big is the largest meeting room? 46,000
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 3
- How big is the largest ballroom? 46,000
- When was the last renovation or expansion? New in 2009
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? Ongoing
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? In public areas
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Commonwealth
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider?
AV Concepts is in-house provider but they are not exclusive
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Aventura Catering
- Is the convention center a union property? No, right to work
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? 5
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? 10+ Search Venues
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 150+ Search Restaurants
- Can you list local attractions and there whereabouts?
Roosevelt Row, Heard Museum, Chase Field, Phoenix Botanical Gardens, Heritage Square and Science Museum, Hiking at numerous mountains
- Top 10 Phoenix Attractions
- Top Things to Do in Downtown Phoenix