Pittsburgh, host of PCMA’s 2019 Convening Leaders, is a city in western Pennsylvania at the junction of 3 rivers. Its Gilded Age sites, including the Carnegie Museum of Natural History, the Carnegie Museum of Art and the Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, speak to its history as an early-20th-century industrial capital. In the North Shore neighborhood are the modern Andy Warhol Museum, Heinz Field football stadium and PNC Park baseball stadium.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 14%
- How much is the F&B tax? 7%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 22%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 17
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
28X Airport Flyer $2.75 – Port Authority Bus is available from the airport to downtown every 30 minutes.
- How much does the public transportation cost? $2.75
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
SuperShuttle cost is $24 one way and $46 roundtrip
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? Approximately $35
- How many daily flights out of airport? Almost 200
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? No
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Air Canada, Allegiant, American, Condor, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, OneJet, Southwest, Southern Airways Express, Spirit, United, and WOW
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 4,000+
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 4,000+
- How many headquarter hotel properties? The Westin Convention Center
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 400 – 500
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 313,000
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 236,000
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 109,562
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 53
- How big is the largest meeting room? 31,610
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 1
- How big is the largest ballroom? 31,610
- When was the last renovation or expansion? Built and opened in 2003
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? N/A
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Yes, in public areas
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes, Levy Restaurants
- Is the convention center a union property? Yes
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list?
Price lists are available at the Convention Center
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
Senator John Heinz Pittsburgh Regional History Center/Western PA Sports Museum, Benedum Center, Heinz Hall & Consol Energy Center, PPG Paints Arena, Heinz Field, PNC Park
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall, Petersen Event Center, Stage AE, Duquesne Univ – A.J. Palumbo Center, Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, Kennywood Park
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 300
- Can you list local attractions and their whereabouts?
- Senator John Heinz History Center/Sports Museum — Strip District Downtown
- Carnegie Science Center/UPMC SportsWorks North Shore Downtown Rivers Casino — North Shore Downtown
- Gateway Clipper Fleet — Station Square Downtown
- August Wilson Center for African — Downtown