With the Pittsburgh Global Health (PGH) & Safety Commitment in place, now is the time to consider gathering in beautiful, welcoming Pittsburgh. The PGH Commitment is a pledge centered on demonstrating to leisure travelers and event organizers that the Pittsburgh hospitality and tourism partners are aligned in exceeding the highest expectations when it comes to health and safety. In addition to the PGH Commitment, venues managed by ASM Global, such as the Platinum LEED®-certified David L. Lawrence Convention Center (DLCC), have implemented the VenueShield Environmental Hygiene Program, which offers best practices across work streams related to environmental hygiene, food service, customer journey, talent, public awareness and technology and equipment, including state-of-the-art standard operating procedures for environmental hygiene. Once in Pittsburgh, visitors will appreciate the city’s walkability and the more than 6,000 hotel rooms conveniently located near the Convention Center and representing a wide selection of world-class accommodations. From the 36-acre Point State Park, to the 14-square-block Cultural District, to the nearby location of the city’s professional sports venues and other neighborhood attractions, visitors will be amazed at how easy it is to walk around and enjoy this vibrant city.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 14%
- How much is the F&B tax? 7%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 22%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 17
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
28X Airport Flyer: Port Authority of Allegheny County Bus is available from the airport to downtown every 30 minutes from 4:30 a.m. to 12:00 midnight.
- How much does the public transportation cost? $2.75 each way (exact change required)
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
SuperShuttle cost is $24 one way and $46 roundtrip
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? Approximately $35
- How many daily flights out of airport? Almost 200
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? No
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Allegiant, American, Boutique Air, British Airways, Condor (seasonal), Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, Southwest, Southern Airways Express, Spirit, and United
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 4,000+
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 4,000+
- How many headquarter hotel properties? The Westin Pittsburgh
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 400 – 500
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center?
313,000 GSF at David L. Lawrence Convention Center (DLCC), www.pittsburghcc.com
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 236,900 GSF
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 109,562 sq. ft.
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 53
- How big is the largest meeting room? 31,610 sq. ft.
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 1 (Spirit of Pittsburgh Ballroom is divisible into three sections)
- How big is the largest ballroom? 31,610 sq. ft.
- When was the last renovation or expansion? Built and opened in 2003
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? N/A
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Yes, in public areas
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes, Levy Restaurants
- Is the convention center a union property? Yes
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list?
Please visit DLCC website at https://www.pittsburghcc.com/planners/planning-info/
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
Senator John Heinz History Center/Western Pennsylvania Sports Museum, PPG Paints Arena, Heinz Field, PNC Park, Stage AE, Carnegie Science Center/Highmark SportsWorks, Rivers Casino
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum, Petersen Events Center, UPMC Cooper Fieldhouse, Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, Kennywood Park, Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 200
- Can you list local attractions and their whereabouts?
- Senator John Heinz History Center/Western Pennsylvania Sports Museum — Strip District Downtown
- Carnegie Science Center, Highmark SportsWorks, Rivers Casino, The Andy Warhol Museum — North Shore Downtown
- Gateway Clipper Fleet — Station Square Downtown
- August Wilson African American Cultural Center — Downtown
- Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, Frick Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Center for the Arts — Oakland/Shadyside