Louisville, Kentucky’s largest city, sits on the Ohio River and separates Kentucky from Indiana. You may have heard of the Kentucky Derby. Every first Saturday in May, Louisville plays host to over 170,000 screaming horse racing fans for the fastest two minutes in sports, also known as the Run for the Roses. You can follow this famous horse race’s long history as you explore the Kentucky Derby Museum, which is connected to Churchill Downs. Another of America’s favorite past times, baseball, is celebrated at the Louisville Slugger Bat Factory & Museum, where baseball bats get made on Main Street. Just look for the 200 foot-high iconic bat statue along Louisville’s Museum Row to find your way. Did you know that 95% of the entire World’s bourbon is made in the state of Kentucky, over half of which is distilled within an hour’s drive of downtown Louisville? In 2014, Louisville opened its first downtown distillery along Whiskey Row since Prohibition, known as the Evan Williams Bourbon Experience. Since that date, six more bourbon attractions have opened downtown, with three more set to open in 2018. Convention attendees can experience America’s native spirit within a short walk from the downtown hotel package along the self-guided Urban Bourbon Trail! Come find out for yourself what makes Louisville great.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 16.07%
- How much is the F&B tax? 6%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 22%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 7
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
TARC Bus Service available throughout the city, including the airport. Louisville has replaced its historic complimentary trolley service with brand new zero emissions buses, which still remain complimentary in the downtown hotel region. Downtown bus service is available along 4th Street and Market/Main Streets, Louisville’s main hotel, entertainment, and attraction district.
- How much does the public transportation cost? Complimentary in the downtown hotel & entertainment district.
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? $18
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? Flat rate of $19.50
- How many daily flights out of airport? 100+
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier?
No, but Southwest is largest carrier with direct flights to 12 destinations
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
American, Delta, Frontier, Southwest, United, and Allegiant
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 3,000
- Total Committable downtown hotels: 15
- How many headquarter hotel properties?
4 – Marriott Louisville Downtown, Hyatt Regency Louisville, Omni Louisville, and Galt House Hotel
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 1,000 – Galt House
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center?
- Kentucky International Convention Center (KICC) – 200,000
- Kentucky Exposition Center (KEC) – 1.2 Million
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous?
- KICC – 200,000
- KEC – 1.2 Million
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center?
- KICC – 350,000
- KEC – 1.2 Million
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? KICC – 52
- How big is the largest meeting room? KICC – 40,000 GSF
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? KICC – 1
- How big is the largest ballroom? KICC – 40,000 GSF divisible by 5
- When was the last renovation or expansion?
- KICC – Will reopen downtown Aug 2018 after being closed for two years for major renovation & expansion
- KEC – 2007
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? KICC – Currently being renovated/expanded
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Yes, in public areas only
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes – KY Venues for Electric, Plumbing, Compressed Air, and Venue Services
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No, Preferred Provider is Smart City
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Levy at both centers
- Is the convention center a union property? Only for rigging
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? N/A
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center:
IATSE for rigging at KEC, TBD for rigging at KICC
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
6 — (KFC YUM! Center, 4th Street Live! Louisville Slugger Field, Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts, Muhammad Ali Center and the Palace Theater)
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
5 — (Churchill Downs, Kentucky Derby Museum, Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium, The Louisville Zoo, and Paris Point)
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 75 Restaurants
- Can you list local attractions and there whereabouts?
- Louisville Slugger Museum and Bat Factory (downtown)
- Muhammad Ali Center (downtown)
- Belle of Louisville (downtown on Ohio River, The oldest operating steamboat in the United States River System)
- Churchill Downs/Kentucky Derby Museum (near airport 10 minutes from downtown)
- Bourbon Distillery Tours (within a 30 minute drive)
- Bourbon micro-distillery attractions/experiences (downtown) – Will have 10 attractions downtown by the end of 2018. Newest being Angels Envy, Rabbit Hole Distilling, Michters Fine Bourbon, and Old Forester.
- KFC Yum! Center (Downtown Arena)
- Louisville Slugger Field (downtown)