Philadelphia, Pennsylvania’s largest city, is notable for its rich history, on display at the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall (where the Declaration of Independence and Constitution were signed) and other American Revolutionary sites. Also iconic are the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, immortalized by Sylvester Stallone’s triumphant run in the film “Rocky.”
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 15.5%
- How much is the F&B tax? 8% F&B and 10% on Alcoholic Beverages
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 20%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 8
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available? Train
- How much does the public transportation cost? Train, $8 each way
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? $10
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $28.50
- How many daily flights out of airport? 550+
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? American Airlines
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Alaska Airlines, Air Canada, American, British Airways, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, Lufthansa, Qatar, Southwest, Spirit, United
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 7,800 (70% of 11,734)
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center?
- 4 minute walk: 4,175 rooms (70% of 5,963)
- 10 minute walk: 6,375 rooms (70% of 9,105)
- 15 minute walk: 7,525 (70% of 10,750)
- 25 minute walk: 8,215 rooms(70% of 11,734)
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 1 (Marriott Downtown)
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 1,100
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 679,000 square feet
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 528,000 square feet (78%)
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 240,542 square feet
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 82
- How big is the largest meeting room? 135,000 square feet (Hall A)
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 2
- How big is the largest ballroom? 55,408 square feet (Terrace Ballroom)
- When was the last renovation or expansion? Spring 2011
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? N/A
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center?
Free in all public areas of the PCC (not meeting rooms and exhibit halls)
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes, Aramark
- Is the convention center a union property? Yes
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list?
Please contact us at the PHLCVB directly for pricing
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center:
Laborers’ International Local 332 / Stagehands Local 8 / IBEW Local 98 / Iron Workers Local 405
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
Approximately 5 (Dilworth Plaza, Franklin Institute, National Constitution Center, Philadelphia Museum of Art and Kimmel Center)
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
Approximately 5 (Wells Fargo Center, Xfinity Live, Aquarium, the Liacouras Center and Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum).
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center?
There are 458 full-service restaurants and 327 outdoor cafes in Center City Philadelphia, the majority of them within walking distance of the Convention Center.
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and there whereabouts?
- Independence National Historical Park (includes the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall): Center City Historic District, about . mile from the Convention Center
- Reading Terminal Market: Center City, adjacent to the Convention Center
- City Hall: Center City, adjacent to the Convention Center
- Philadelphia Museum of Art (plus the Rocky statue and steps): Center City, 1.5 miles from the Convention Center
- The Barnes Foundation: Center City, 1 mile from the Convention Center
- Eastern State Penitentiary: Center City, 1.3 miles from the Convention Center