New Orleans is a Louisiana city on the Mississippi River, near the Gulf of Mexico. Nicknamed the “Big Easy,” it’s known for its round-the-clock nightlife, vibrant live-music scene and spicy, singular cuisine reflecting its history as a melting pot of French, African and American cultures. Embodying its festive spirit is Mardi Gras, the late-winter carnival famed for raucous costumed parades and street parties.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 15.75%
- Plus, a hotel occupancy tax:
- $3.00 for all hotels with 1,000 rooms or more
- $2.00 for all hotels between 999 to 300 hotel rooms
- $1.00 for all hotels less than 299 hotels rooms
- How much is the F&B tax? 10.75%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 18 – 20%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 15 miles about 20 to 25 minutes
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Taxicab or Airport Shuttle are the best modes of transportation from the Louis Armstrong International Airport to Downtown New Orleans.
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
Standard fare for a single passenger is $44.00 roundtrip or $24.00 for a one-way inbound or outbound ticket between the airport and downtown hotels.
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown?
Taxicab fare from the airport to downtown is currently $36.00 for up to two people.
- How many daily flights out of airport? 159 daily flights into New Orleans
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier?
No, but Southwest Airlines is our largest carrier in New Orleans.
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Allegiant Air, American Airlines, British Airways, Condor, COPA Airlines, Delta Airlines, Frontier Airlines, JetBlue Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, United Airlines
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night?
17,000 hotel rooms
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center?
15,000 hotel rooms within a 2-mile radius of the convention center, downtown, and French Quarter.
- How many headquarter hotel properties?
- Hilton New Orleans Riverside: 1622 guestrooms
- New Orleans Marriott: 1333 guestrooms
- Hyatt Regency New Orleans: 1198 guestrooms
- Sheraton New Orleans: 1110 guestrooms
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property?
Varies based on time of year
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center?
1.1 million sq. ft. of exhibit space at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous?
1.1 million sq. ft. of exhibit is contiguous on the ground level
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center?
230,000 sq. ft. of meeting space (Ballrooms/Meeting Rooms)
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have?
149 meeting rooms
- How big is the largest meeting room? 10,570 sq. ft.
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have?
3 major ballrooms at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
- Great Hall: 60,300 sq. ft.
- La Nouvelle Orleans Ballroom: 36,448 sq. ft.
- New Orleans Theater: Over 4,000 seats
- How big is the largest ballroom?
The Great Hall is the largest ballroom with 60,300 sq. ft.
- When was the last renovation or expansion? 2013
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? 2020
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center?
Yes, select areas of the public space.
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider?
Yes, New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center In-House Team is the exclusive provider.
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider?
No. Some elements of production are handled by the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center In-House Team.
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes, Centerplate
- Is the convention center a union property? Non-Union
Off Site Venues
How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
- Mardi Gras World
- Mercedes Benz Superdome
- Champions Square/Club XLIV at the Mercedes Benz Superdome
- Aquarium of Americas
- Smoothie King Center
- Generations Hall
- Sugar Mill
- World War II Museum
How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
- New Orleans City Park
- Audubon Zoo
How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center?
New Orleans offers over 1500 restaurants in downtown
Can you list local attractions and there whereabouts?
- French Quarter
- The French Quarter, also known as the Vieux Carré (“Old Square”) or Vieux Carré Historic District, is the oldest section of the City of New Orleans. Founded in 1718 by Jean-Baptiste Le Moyne de Bienville, New Orleans developed around the Vieux Carré, the city’s central square. The French Quarter includes all the land stretching along the Mississippi River from Canal Street to Esplanade Avenue (13 blocks) and inland to North Rampart (seven to nine blocks). It equals an area of 78 square blocks.
- Mardi Gras World
- Mardi Gras World is located at the foot of Henderson Street in the Central Business District. It is on the south end of the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
- Address: 1380 Port of New Orleans Place New Orleans, LA 70130
- Website: https://www.mardigrasworld.com/
- World World II Museum
- Address: 945 Magazine St. New Orleans, LA 70130
- Website: https://www.nationalww2museum.org
- Aquarium of Americas
- Located on the Mississippi River adjacent to the French Quarter, the Aquarium of the Americas immerses you in an underwater world.
- Address: 1 Canal St. New Orleans, LA 70130
- Website: https://audubonnatureinstitute.org/aquarium