Vancouver, a bustling west coast seaport in British Columbia, is among Canada’s densest, most ethnically diverse cities. A popular filming location, it’s surrounded by mountains, and also has thriving art, theatre and music scenes. Vancouver Art Gallery is known for its works by regional artists, while the Museum of Anthropology houses preeminent First Nations collections.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 17.5%
- How much is the F&B tax? Food 5% Beverage 10%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 15 – 20%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 9
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Yes, Canada Line Rapid Transit Rail
- How much does the public transportation cost?
$4.10 from Downtown to YVR / $9.10 from YVR to Downtown
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
N/A – Our airport uses the Canada Line.
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? Set price $31-$35
- How many daily flights out of airport? Over 300 flights per day
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier?
Western Hub for Air Canada and a focus city for WestJet
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
53 airlines serve YVR and the three largest carriers are Air Canada, WestJet, and United
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 5,000 – 7,800
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 5,000 – 7,800
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 8
Hyatt Regency Vancouver / Pan Pacific Vancouver / Pinnacle Harbourfront Hotel / Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel / The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver / The Fairmont Waterfront / The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver / Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown / JW Marriott parq Vancouver & the DOUGLAS
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 600
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 311,705 gross sq ft.
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 220,500 sq ft. (WEST) and 91,205 sq ft. (EAST)
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center?
311,705 sq ft. Exhibit space (East and West) + 69,272 sq ft. ballrooms (East and West) + 84,191 meeting space (East and West) = 465,168 sq ft.
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 72
- How big is the largest meeting room?
Largest meeting room is 301 with 3,948 sq ft.
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 7
- How big is the largest ballroom?
52,668 sq ft. all West ballrooms combined
- When was the last renovation or expansion? 2009
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? N/A
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center?
Complimentary Wi-Fi are available at Coal Harbour Cafés. For meeting rooms and pre-function spaces, please contact BELL Canada.
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No. Freeman AV is our official supplier
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes, Centerplate
- Is the convention center a union property? No
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? N/A
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center: N/A
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
Vancouver Aquarium / BC Place / Vancouver Convention Centre / Roger’s Arena
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
Vancouver Aquarium / BC Place / Nat Bailey Stadium / Vancouver Convention Centre / Pacific National Exhibition Grounds
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 200+
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and there whereabouts?
- Stanley Park and Stanley Park Seawall – (Stanley Park, next to downtown)
- Vancouver Aquarium (Stanley Park)
- Grouse Mountain (North Vancouver)
- Capilano Suspension Bridge (North Vancouver)
- Science World (False Creek)