Monuments and memorials, eclectic neighborhoods, true local flavor – Washington, DC is a place unlike any other. It’s your home away from home with free museums and America’s front yard. Plan your trip to the nation’s capital by checking out all the things to do, places to eat and ways to stay. We’ll see you soon.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 14.95%
- How much is the F&B tax? 10%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 24%
How many miles from the airport to downtown?
- From DCA to DDC office: 5.1 miles
- From IAD to DDC office: 28.3 miles
From BWI to DDC office: 30.8 miles
Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available? Yes
How much does the public transportation cost?
- Circulator $1.00
- Metrobus fare for regular routes is $1.75.
- The fare for express routes is $4.00.
- Fare for seniors and people with disabilities is 85¢ for regular routes, $2.00 on express routes.
What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
- Reagan – One Way ($16), Round Trip ($30)
- IAD – One Way ($31), Round Trip ($60)
- BWI – One Way ($40), Round Trip ($78)
What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown?
- Reagan – One Way ($20)
- IAD– One Way ($76)
- BWI– One Way ($90)
How many daily flights into the airport?
- Reagan National (DCA) – 430
- Baltimore Washington Int’l (BWI) – 200
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) – 179
Is the airport a hub for any carrier?
- Reagan National (DCA) – US Airways
- Baltimore Washington Int’l (BWI) – Southwest
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) – Silver Airways and United Airlines
What are the major carriers serving airport? Click on link below
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 30,272
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center?12,500/16,000 need period
- How many headquarter hotel properties?
One property is connected to the Convention which is the Marriott Marquis.
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 950
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 703,000 Sq ft.
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 470,000
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 2.3 Million
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 77
- How big is the largest meeting room? 12,500 Sq ft.
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 1
- How big is the largest ballroom? 52,000 Sq ft.
- When was the last renovation or expansion?
- 2013 Retrofit to Registration area
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? N/A
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Hi –Tech Electric
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? Projection Presentation Technology
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Centerplate
- Is the convention center a union property? Yes
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
National Building Museum & National Portrait Gallery
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
Natural History Museum, American History Museum, Air & Space Museum & Reagan Building
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 30-50
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and their whereabouts?
Crime Museum, National Portrait Gallery, National Museum of Women in the Arts, National Archives (all within an 8-10 minute walk from the center)