Montréal is the largest city in Canada’s Québec province. It’s set on an island in the Saint Lawrence River and named after Mt. Royal, the triple-peaked hill at its heart. Its boroughs, many of which were once independent cities, include neighbourhoods ranging from cobblestoned, French colonial Vieux-Montréal – with the Gothic Revival Notre-Dame Basilica at its centre – to bohemian Plateau.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax?
A 3.5% accommodation tax is in effect in Montréal. There are also two applicable taxes in Québec: a federal goods and services tax (GST) of 5% and a Québec provincial tax (TVQ) of 9.975%.
- How much is the F&B tax? 15%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity?
It is customary to tip restaurants waiters, taxi drivers and hairdressers 15% up to 20% of the bill, before taxes. Hotel porters generally receive $2 per bag.
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 12
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
The 747 bus line service runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, between the Montréal Trudeau airport and Montréal-Trudeau Airport and the Montréal Coach Terminal (Gare d’autocars de Montréal at the Berri-UQAM métro station). Travel time may vary between 45 to 60 minutes, depending on traffic conditions
- How much does the public transportation cost?
- For one passage CAD $3.25
- For one day pass CAD $10
- For 3 days pass CAD $18
- For a week pass CAD $27.75
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
CAD$10 (allowing a 24h access of the Montreal Public Transport (metro and bus)
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown?
By taxi, a trip downtown will cost you a flat rate of CAD $40, tip not included.
- How many daily flights out of airport? Over 140 — click here for real-time information
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier?
Montreal Trudeau International Airport is hub to Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz, Air Transat, CanJet & Sunwing Airlines
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Aer Lingus, Aeromexico, Air Algérie, Air Canada, Air China, Air Creebec, Air France, Air Inuit, Air Saint Pierre, Air Transat, Alitalia, American Airlines, British Airways, Brussel Airlines, Copa Airlines, Corsair, Cubana, Delta Airlines, Finnair, First Air, Iberia, Icelandair, Interjet, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Lufthansa, Miami Air, Middle East Airlines, Porter Airline, Provincial Airlines, Qatar Airlines, Royal Air Maroc, Royal Jordanian, Sata Internacionale Airlines, Sunwing Airlines, Swiss, Tunisair, Turkish Airlines, United Airlines WOW Air, Westjet Airlines Ltd
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night?
Approximately 9,000 rooms
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 15,000
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 5
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 650
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 498,874 Sq. Ft.
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 265,459 Sq. Ft.
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center?
362,077 Sq. Ft.
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 113
- How big is the largest meeting room? 45,333 Sq. Ft.
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 3
- How big is the largest ballroom? 49,995 Sq. Ft.
- When was the last renovation or expansion? 2000 – 2002
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? N/A
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Yes, at hotspots and public areas
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No, preferred
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No, preferred
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes, Capital Catering
- Is the convention center a union property? Yes
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? Upon request only
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center:
Upon request only
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
Approximately four off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people.
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center?
About 500 restaurants
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and there whereabouts?
- Montréal Botanical Garden A popular oasis in the heart of the city, the Montréal Botanical Garden is recognized as one of the world’s largest and finest. Its collection of 22,000 plant species and cultivars, 10 exhibition greenhouses, Tree House and some thirty thematic gardens makes it an exceptional place to visit.
- The Montréal Museum of Fine Arts The Montréal of Fine Arts has one of the highest attendance rates among Canadian museums. Every year, its 600,000 visitors enjoy its encyclopaedic collection, unique in Canada, and its original temporary exhibition, which combine artistic discipline.
- The Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal Canada’s premier museum devoted exclusively to contemporary art, the Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal is a superb place to discover the wealth of Québec creativity and leading international trends in contemporary painting, drawing, engraving, sculpture, photography, installation, film, and video.
- Casino de Montréal Located only minutes of the city centre, the Casino de Montréal electrifying atmosphere is sure to please wit 120 gaming tables, including Poker Texas Hold’em, and over 3,000 slot machines on five floors of sheer entertainment! Shuttle service between Infortoriste Centre and the Casino from June through September 30, Valet Parking and coat check are also available for free.
- Bixi bikes BIXI is cycling as a real means of urban transportation. Available since 2009, BIXI is one of the best ways to enjoy nature, be active, and visit the landmarks in Montréal without any hassles and at a low cost. The system is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 3 seasons a year.