As one of the leading meetings destinations in the country, Orlando offers a world of possibilities for one-of-a-kind meetings and events. From a top-rated convention center and low-cost accessibility to a wide variety of hotels and world-class entertainment, Orlando is an exciting gateway city for meetings of all sizes. To learn more, visit www.OrlandoMeeting.com.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 12.5%
- How much is the F&B tax? 6%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 15 – 20%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 12
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Yes, the I-Drive trolley is available within the convention district.
- How much does the public transportation cost?
$2 Single Ride Standard Pass
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
There currently is no shuttle service from airport to the Convention Center
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $45
- How many daily flights out of airport? 800+
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier?
MCO is a minor hub for Jet Blue, Southwest and Frontier.
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
American, United, Southwest, Delta, Jet Blue, Spirit, etc.
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night?
Orlando has more than 120,000 total guest rooms, with 16,887 rooms within a 2 mile radius of the Convention Center.
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center?
Within 1-mile radius of the Convention Center, we have 7,380 rooms
- How many headquarter hotel properties?
There are 4 hotels connected to the convention center with a total of 5,192 guest rooms. Hilton Orlando 1,417 / Hyatt Regency Orlando 1,641 / Rosen Centre 1,334 / Rosen Plaza 800
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property?
Walt Disney’s Swan & Dolphin Resort 2,270 / Marriott’s Orlando World Center 2,007 / Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort 1,915 / Rosen Shingle Creek 1,501
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center?
2.1 million GSF of exhibit space
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous?
1.1 million GSF in the West Concourse
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center?
479,190 sq. ft.
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 74
- How big is the largest meeting room?
19,775 sq. ft. (N/S building)
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 2
- How big is the largest ballroom?
Valencia Ballroom 62,182 sq. ft. / Tangerine Ballroom 48,961 sq. ft. / Chapin Theater 2,643 seats
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? In the public/concourse areas
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? Preferred partner is LMG
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Centerplate
- Is the convention center a union property? No
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? N/A
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center:
F&B-Centerplate / Event Utilities-Rigging / IT-Smart City
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
Pointe Orlando, ICON park, Mango’s
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
Universal Studios, Universal’s Islands of Adventure, Universal’s City Walk, Sea World
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 50+
- Can you list local attractions and their whereabouts?
- SeaWorld / SeaWorld Drive — 2 miles
- Universal Studios/City Walk / Universal Blvd — 5 miles
- Disney’s Epcot/Hollywood Studios / Lake Buena Vista — 10 miles
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts / Downtown 12 miles
- Amway Center / Downtown 12 miles