Orlando, a city in central Florida, is home to more than a dozen theme parks. Chief among its claims to fame is Walt Disney World, comprised of parks like the Magic Kingdom and Epcot, as well as water parks. Another major destination, Universal Orlando, offers Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter straddling both.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 12.5%
- How much is the F&B tax? 6%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 15 – 20%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 12
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Yes, the I-Drive trolley is available within the convention district.
- How much does the public transportation cost?
$2 Single Ride Standard Pass
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
There currently is no shuttle service from airport to the Convention Center
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $45
- How many daily flights out of airport? 800+
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier?
MCO is a minor hub for Jet Blue, Southwest and Frontier.
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
American, United, Southwest, Delta, Jet Blue, Spirit, etc.
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night?
Orlando has more than 120,000 total guest rooms, with 16,887 rooms within a 2 mile radius of the Convention Center.
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center?
Within 1-mile radius of the Convention Center, we have 7,380 rooms
- How many headquarter hotel properties?
There are 4 hotels connected to the convention center with a total of 5,192 guest rooms. Hilton Orlando 1,417 / Hyatt Regency Orlando 1,641 / Rosen Centre 1,334 / Rosen Plaza 800
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property?
Walt Disney’s Swan & Dolphin Resort 2,270 / Marriott’s Orlando World Center 2,007 / Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort 1,915 / Rosen Shingle Creek 1,501
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center?
2.1 million GSF of exhibit space
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous?
1.1 million GSF in the West Concourse
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center?
479,190 sq. ft.
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 74
- How big is the largest meeting room?
19,775 sq. ft. (N/S building)
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 2
- How big is the largest ballroom?
Valencia Ballroom 62,182 sq. ft. / Tangerine Ballroom 48,961 sq. ft. / Chapin Theater 2,643 seats
- When was the last renovation or expansion?
The Orange County Convention is underway with its Capital Improvement Plan. Taking place primarily within the OCCC’s West Building, the plan includes upgrades and enhancements, as well as adding a number of new spaces like the beautiful new Valencia & Tangerine ballroom, upgraded meeting rooms and boardrooms and an outdoor terrace for all to enjoy the Florida sunshine.
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled?
For updates on the OCCC renovation please see click here.
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? In the public/concourse areas
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? Preferred partner is LMG
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Centerplate
- Is the convention center a union property? No
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? N/A
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center:
F&B-Centerplate / Event Utilities-Rigging / IT-Smart City
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
Pointe Orlando, IDrive 360, Mango’s
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
Universal Studios, Universal’s Islands of Adventure, Universal’s City Walk, Sea World
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 50+
- Can you list local attractions and their whereabouts?
- SeaWorld / SeaWorld Drive — 2 miles
- Universal Studios/City Walk / Universal Blvd — 5 miles
- Disney’s Epcot/Hollywood Studios / Lake Buena Vista — 10 miles
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts / Downtown 12 miles
- Amway Center / Downtown 12 miles