Indianapolis, often shortened to Indy, is the capital and most populous city of the U.S. state of Indiana and the seat of Marion County. As of 2017, Indianapolis is the third most populous city in the American Midwest and 16th most populous in the U.S., with an estimated population of 863,002.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 17% (2012 IBJ)
- How much is the F&B tax? 1%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 20 – 22%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 12
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available? No
- How much does the public transportation cost? N/A
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? CLICK HERE
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $35 / average
- How many daily flights out of airport? 145
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? No
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, Allegiant, American, Delta, Frontier, OneJet, Southwest, United
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night?
7,100 Downtown Rooms
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center?
4,700 rooms connected to the Center
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 1, JW Marriott Indianapolis
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 850
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 566,600 sq. ft.
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 566,600 sq. ft.
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 71
- How big is the largest meeting room? Single room 1860 sq. ft., six rooms can combine for 10,260 sq. ft.
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 3
- How big is the largest ballroom? 33,335 sq. ft.
- When was the last renovation or expansion? 2011
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? 2022
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes, Centerplate
- Is the convention center a union property? Yes
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? Up to 5
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? Up to 10
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? 200
- Can you list local attractions and there whereabouts?
- White River State Park: includes 3 museums, zoo, IMAX Theatre, minor league ballpark, concert venue, and green space. Located one block north of the Indiana Convention Center.
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway: Track tours are available from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum located inside the famed oval. Located 6 miles west of the Indiana Convention Center.
- Newfields: A 152-acre campus is home the Indianapolis Museum of Art, lush gardens, a historic home, and an art/nature park. Located 5 miles north of the Indiana Convention Center.
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis: The largest children’s museum in the world. Located 3 miles north of the Indiana Convention Center.