Tucson is a city in Arizona’s Sonoran Desert surrounded by multiple mountain ranges, including the Santa Catalinas. Reflecting its 19th-century beginnings are the restored mansions of its El Presidio Historic District and the adobe row houses of Barrio Historico. Home to the University of Arizona, Tuscon has many vintage shops, nightclubs and restaurants on Fourth Avenue near the campus.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax?
Tucson: 12.05% plus $4 per room per night.
Oro Valley: 14.55%
- How much is the F&B tax? 6.1%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 20%
- Tucson International Airport – is located approximately 8 miles from downtown Tucson and just 10-15 minutes away. Start your visit by flying into Tucson International Airport, a low-stress and easy-to-navigate airport served by about 60 flights a day coming from 15 non-stop destinations and one-stop connections from more than 310 destinations around the world. Major carriers include: American, United, US Airways, Southwest, and Delta
- Largest Hotels:
- JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa – 575 rooms
- Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa – 487 rooms
- Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort – 482 rooms
- Loews Ventana Canyon – 398 rooms
- Marriott University Park – 250 rooms
- Westward Look a Wyndham Grand Resort & Spa – 244 rooms
- Casino del Sol Resort, Spa and Conference Center – 215 rooms
- Omni Tucson National Resort – 128 rooms
- Convention Center: Presently, there is not a hotel adjacent to the Tucson Convention Center For this reason, most meetings are held at the resorts, destination spas, hotels, and dude ranches that surround the city.
- Ideal Meetings: There are many full service resorts and spas in Tucson. With so many things to do and see in the area, Tucson is considered a resort destination that offers value, culture and an experience of a lifetime! Groups of 50 to 500 people are ideal.
Off Site Venues
- Can you list local attractions and there whereabouts?
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- Saguaro National Park
- Old Tucson Movie Studios
- Pima Air & Space Museum
- Biosphere 2
- Tohono Chul Park
- Catalina State Park
- Karchner Caverns
- Mission San Xavier del Bac
- University of Arizona
Did You Know…
- Tucson is the sunniest city in the United States.
- Tucson is the 32nd largest city in the U.S.
- Total area of Tucson is 227 miles
- Elevation is 2,643 ft.
- Tucson is surrounded by five mountain ranges; the Tucson, Santa Catalina, Rincon, Santa Rita, and Tortolita mountain ranges
- Tucson is bordered by Catalina State Park, Coronado National Forest, Saguaro National Park East and Saguaro National Park West, and the Tohono O’odham Nation
Bicycle friendly: 630 miles of striped bike paths, 72 miles of shared use paths, Over 100 miles of residential bike routes , Over 300 miles of mountain biking trails