Palm Beach is a town in South Florida, separated from the mainland by the Lake Worth Lagoon. It’s known for its glitzy estates and its beaches, including the long, sandy Palm Beach Municipal Beach. Worth Avenue is lined with upscale boutiques, galleries and restaurants. Art and antique furnishings are displayed at the Henry Morrison Flagler Museum, inside the hotel and railroad tycoon’s huge Gilded Age mansion.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 13%
- How much is the F&B tax? 7%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? Average of 24%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 3.7 Miles
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Yes, Tri-Rail, Brightline, Skybike, Palm Tran, Amtrak
- How much does the public transportation cost? $5 – $10
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? $2 – $5
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $10 – $20
- How many daily flights out of airport? 200
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? No
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
The carriers serving PBI are: Delta, American Airlines, United, Southwest, Jet Blue, Air Canada, Frontier, Silver, Spirit, Sun Country
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? 500 – 600
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? 500 – 600
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 1 Hilton West Palm Beach
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 320
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 100,000 sq. ft.
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 100,000 sq. ft.
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center? 100,000 sq. ft.
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 19 Breakout rooms
- How big is the largest meeting room?
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have? 4
- How big is the largest ballroom? 22,000 sq. ft.
- When was the last renovation or expansion? No Renovations
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? 2018 / 2019 additions
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes, PSAV
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? Yes, PSAV
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Yes, Ovations Catering
- Is the convention center a union property? No
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? N/A
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center: N/A
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people?
No, Cityplace Dine around maybe
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
South Florida Fairgrounds Expo
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center?
40+ restaurants in 1 mile of the convention center
- Can you list local attractions and their whereabouts?
- Lion Country Safari
- Palm Beach County Zoo
- Flagler Museum
- Ballpark of the Palm Beaches
- Palm Beach Outlets
- Cityplace/ Clematis Street
- The Kravis Center
- National Croquet Center
- Morikami Museum
- Roger Dean Chevrolet stadium