The Fort Myers area in southwest Florida includes Sanibel Island, Captiva Island, Fort Myers Beach, Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, Estero, Cape Coral, Pine Island, Matlacha, Boca Grande & Outer Islands, North Fort Myers, Alva, Buckingham, and Lehigh Acres.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 11.5%
- How much is the F&B tax? 6.5%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 25%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown?
We are a Resort Destination. Miles to each resort is 13-35 miles
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available? N/A
- How much does the public transportation cost? N/A
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? N/A
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $35 & up
- How many daily flights out of airport? Between 150-260 daily departures
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? No
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
62 nonstop markets from 15 air carriers including Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American, Avelo, Breeze, Delta, Eurowings Discover, Frontier, JetBlue, Southwest, Spirit, Sun Country, United, and WestJet.
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? N/A
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? N/A
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 10 Hotels and Resorts with 5,000+ total square feet of meeting space
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 462
- Can you list hotels by rating?? 5 star, 4 star, 3 star?
4 Star Rating Resorts/Hotels: Gasparilla Inn & Club, Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village, Marriott Sanibel Harbour Resort & Spa, Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina, & and Luminary Hotel & Co. Autograph Collection.
3 Star Rating Resorts/Hotels: Crowne Plaza Fort Myers, Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers, Diamond Head Beach Resort, Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Myers – Estero, and Crowne Plaza Fort Myers Gulf Coast
Whether you’re planning an intimate gathering or a larger event, we can accommodate it thanks to over 222,000 total square feet of meeting space. Venues include open-air restaurants, historical homes, hotel ballrooms, and the Caloosa Sound Convention Center & Amphitheater located in the heart of Fort Myers. Bring attendees together in a unique location, whether that be on kayaks on the Great Calusa Blueway, among the botanical gardens at the Edison and Ford Winter Estates, or on the patio of a restaurant overlooking the Gulf.
Over 10,000 hotel rooms in the greater Fort Myers area have reopened with more becoming available every day. Two new properties are scheduled to open in 2023: the 254-room Margaritaville Beach Resort Fort Myers Beach and the Hampton Inn & Suites in downtown Fort Myers. Treat your group to sweeping Gulf views at the Marriott Sanibel Harbour Resort & The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village, or stay in style at the River District’s Luminary Hotel & Co., Autograph Collection. Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa is perfect for a large group with over 82,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor space.
Did You Know
Attractions, restaurants, parks, and even most beaches have also reopened across the greater Fort Myers area. Create memorable networking and team-building events customized to your group’s interests, like a behind-the-scenes distillery tour, an exciting tarpon-fishing charter or a relaxing group dinner next to a perfect sunset. Spend a day hopping between pristine barrier islands throughout Pine Island Sound. Back on land, plan to meet on the green at one of the award-winning golf courses or golf-themed experiences throughout the region.
Invite your guests to extend their stay throughout our islands, beaches and neighborhoods to enjoy family-friendly or romantic activities. Parents and children will enjoy collecting conchs, whelks, banded tulips, and more on white-sand beaches. Couples will love evenings out in the River District for its restaurants, bars, and art and music walks.
Planning is different now, but we can help. Let our expert Conference Services team create a seamless experience from concept to execution. We can assist with tasks like site inspections, registration, brochure fulfillment, and so much more. New meetings (May through December) can also take advantage of our Island Incentive Offer to receive a $3 room rebate per room up to $5,000.