Fort Myers or Ft. Myers, is the county seat and commercial center of Lee County, Florida, United States. It has grown rapidly in recent years. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 62,298 and in 2016 was estimated at 77,146.
About Fort Myers
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 5%
- How much is the F&B tax? 6%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 25%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown?
We are a Resort Destination. Miles to each resort is 13-35 miles
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available? N/A
- How much does the public transportation cost? N/A
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown? N/A
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown? $35 & up
- How many daily flights out of airport? 300+
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? No
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
All major airlines
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? N/A
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center? No Convention Center
- How many headquarter hotel properties? N/A
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? 425
- Can you list hotels by rating?? 5 star, 4 star, 3 star?
4 Star Rating Resorts/Hotels: Gasparilla Inn & Club, Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa, Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village, Marriott Sanibel Harbour Resort & Spa, Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina & Luminary Hotel & Company a Marriott Autograph Collection.
3 Star Rating Resorts/Hotels: Crowne Plaza Fort Myers, Hilton Garden Inn Fort Myers, Diamond Head Beach Resort, Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa, Embassy Suites, Hyatt Place Coconut Point, & Holiday Inn Fort Myers Airport at Town Center
“Our destination is one that inspires creativity and innovation and generates memorable and unique experiences for meeting attendees,” says Tamara Pigott, executive director of the Lee County Visitor & Convention Bureau (VCB). Accommodations take advantage of the rich environment where places for groups to stay and meet are as plentiful as they are diverse. Planners will find more than 12,000 committable hotel rooms and meetings square footage that ranges from 600 to 73,000 sq. ft.
Did You Know
The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel has been providing a nurturing environment for creativity, team building and inspiration for centuries, and the destination continues to motivate with its perpetual sunshine, natural beauty and convenient accessibility. The Calusa Indians were the first to discover the area’s charms centuries ago, inspired by miles of coastline and subtropical forests. By the turn of the 20th century, inventors Thomas Edison, Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone found that Fort Myers in the winter was the ideal muse to fuel creative collaboration. Meeting professionals and their clients will find inspiration all year round in this remarkable place on Florida’s Gulf Coast.
As a gateway to Southwest Florida, The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel has emerged as a meeting and incentives planner’s choice destination with easy airlift to Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW), outstanding meeting and convention facilities, a wonderful array of accommodations, and endless recreational options, all adaptable to host any size group. This is far more than a renowned vacation destination, it’s a spot-on convergence of assets and attractions that lends itself to creating an unforgettable meetings or incentives experience.