Toronto, the capital of the province of Ontario, is a major Canadian city along Lake Ontario’s northwestern shore. It’s a dynamic metropolis with a core of soaring skyscrapers, all dwarfed by the iconic, free-standing CN Tower. Toronto also has many green spaces, from the orderly oval of Queen’s Park to 400-acre High Park and its trails, sports facilities and zoo.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 13% HST
- How much is the F&B tax? 13% HST
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 15 – 18%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown? 16 miles, 27 km
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Yes – Public transportation available; Buses, shuttle, taxi service
- How much does the public transportation cost?
Regular one way fare is $3.00
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
CAD $19.95 per trip or CAD 32.95 round trip
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown?
Approx CAD $ 45.00 – CAD $50.00
- How many daily flights out of airport? 630 daily flights
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier? Air Canada
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
Over 65 airlines operate out of Toronto Pearson International Airport. For a listing of airlines please click here
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night? Approx. 16,000
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center?
10,000 rooms within a One mile radius of the Convention Centre
- How many headquarter hotel properties? 230 hotels, 40,000 hotel rooms
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property? Approx. 1,100
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center? 460,000 sq. ft of exhibit space
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous? 260,000 sq. ft.
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center?
With the addition of rooms 501 and 401 in the South Building we now have 110,400 sq. ft. of total meeting [room] space. This of course excludes our ballroom space.
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have?
66 individual meeting rooms, excluding ballroom space.
- How big is the largest meeting room?
The largest meeting room is 10,000 sq. ft.
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have?
The MTCC has 2 ballrooms (28,000sq. ft. and 50,000sq. ft.) divisible into 5 individual ballrooms.
- How big is the largest ballroom?
The largest ballroom at the MTCC is 50,000 sq. ft.
- When was the last renovation or expansion? 2013. MTCC added meeting rooms in 2017.
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled? N/A
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center?
WiFi is provided free of charge in all public and pre-fuction space at the MTCC.
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? Yes
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No, our preferred is AVW-Telav
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No, our preferred is GES
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer?
Yes, MTCC has its own in house food and beverage team it’s a department of the MTCC.
- Is the convention center a union property?
Yes, however Ontario is a Right to Work Province which makes working with Unions very simple.
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? Regular labor charge is CAD $49.00/hr
- Here are a list of labor unions with whom planners will be required to work at the convention center:
- Labourers’ International Union of North America, Local 506 (cleaning, docks, event services, food and beverage and parking.)
- Canadian Federation of Independent Workers Union (security)
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 353.
- Plumbers, Fitters, Welders Local 46 (electrical/mechanical services and plumbing)
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? Approximately 5
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people? N/A
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center? Over 100
- Can you list 3-5 local attractions and there whereabouts?