Dallas, a modern metropolis in north Texas, is a commercial and cultural hub of the region. Downtown’s Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza commemorates the site of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination in 1963. In the Arts District, the Dallas Museum of Art and the Crow Collection of Asian Art cover thousands of years of art. The sleek Nasher Sculpture Center showcases contemporary sculpture.
- How much is the total cumulative hotel tax? 13%
- How much is the F&B tax? 0%
- How much is the average F&B gratuity? 25%
- How many miles from the airport to downtown?
Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport: 20 miles; Love Field Airport: 7 miles
- Is there public transportation, such as a bus or subway available?
Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport: Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) light rail to/from Downtown Dallas; Love Field Airport: DART’s Love Link 524/DART Green and Orange lines.
- How much does the public transportation cost?
DART is $2.50/two-hour pass; $5/day pass.
- What is the shuttle bus fare from the airport to downtown?
Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport: approximately $19/person; Love Field Airport: approximately $19/person
- What is the taxi fare from airport to downtown?
Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport: approximately $40; Love Field Airport: approximately $18/person
- How many daily flights out of airport?
Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport: 1,800+ flights per day; Love Field Airport: 360 flights per day
- Is the airport a hub for any carrier?
Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport: American Airlines; Love Field Airport: Southwest Airlines
- What are the major carriers serving airport?
International Airport: In addition to American Airlines, 10 Domestic and 16 Foreign Flag; Love Field Airport: Southwest Airlines, Delta Airlines and Virgin America.
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak night?
Number of sleeping rooms: 80,000; Committable Sleeping Rooms (Single Hotel): 1,840
- How many committable hotel rooms downtown on peak within walking distance to convention center?
Number of sleeping rooms one mile from Convention Center: 7,559
- How many headquarter hotel properties?
Omni Dallas Hotel, Sheraton Dallas, Hilton Anatole, Hyatt Regency
- How many rooms available on peak night at the largest headquarter property?
Total of 4,731 rooms (among headquarter properties) based on availability
- How many total gross square feet of exhibit space at Convention Center?
1,000,000 sq. ft. of exhibit space
- How much of this exhibit space is contiguous?
724,526 sq. ft. of contiguous exhibit space
- How many total gross square feet of meeting space is available at the Convention center?
- 1 Million Square Feet of exhibit space
- 724,526 sq. ft. of contiguous exhibit space
- 403,310 total sq. ft. of column-free exhibit space
- 65,124 sq. ft. of Ballrooms (all 3 ballrooms can be divided into 4 sections)
- 21,290 sq. ft. arena with 9,816 seats
- How many meeting rooms does the convention center have? 88
- How big is the largest meeting room? 26,992 sf.
- How many ballrooms does the convention center have?
3 ballrooms and all can be divided into 4 sections
- How big is the largest ballroom? 26,992 sf.
- When was the last renovation or expansion? 2012
- When is a future renovation/expansion scheduled?
Throughout 2013 and 2014, the Center will be making improvements to ballrooms, meeting spaces and common areas.
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the convention center? Complimentary Wi-Fi in public areas
- Is there an exclusive in-house Electrical provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house AV provider? No
- Is there an exclusive in-house decorator? No
- Is there an exclusive in house caterer? Centerplate
- Is the convention center a union property? No
- If union property, can you provide estimated pricing list? No
Off Site Venues
- How many off site venues within walking distance can host up to 2,000 people? 2
- How many off site venues within a ten-minute bus transfer can host up to 2,000 people?
- How many restaurants are within walking distance of the convention center?
Four new restaurants right outside the front doors, plus several inside the adjacent Omni Dallas Hotel
- Can you list local attractions and there whereabouts?
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science, 2201 N. Field Street Dallas TX 75201
- Reunion Tower Ge-O Deck, 300 Reunion Blvd. East Dallas, TX 75207
- The Sixth Floor Museum, 411 Elm Street Dallas, TX 75202
- Dallas Zoo, 650 South R L Thornton Freeway Dallas, TX 75203-3013
- George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum, 2943 SMU Boulevard
Dallas, TX 75205
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden, 8525 Garland Road Dallas, Texas 75218
- Three stars (highest rating) by Michelin Green Guide
- World-class dining (12,000+ restaurants)
- Endless shopping (Best Shopping in the Southwest)
- Largest urban arts district in the nation (19 square blocks)
- Over 200 golf courses
- Six professional sports teams
- More than 20 vibrant entertainment districts